Re: debian vs others

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 09:00:17AM -0500, Rick Knebel wrote:
> Also do you think debian will continued to be developed?

Yes. The current developer count is 405.

> I read somewhere that the head of the progect quite because he thought the
> progress was not fast enough.

That's not a very accurate picture of what happened. He got frustrated, but
not by Debian's development speed.

I remember him once saying about Debian: "I couldn't kill it if I wanted
to", and that's what happened. He left some months after the end of his term
as project leader, and the project continued under new leadership.

Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks