Re: Latency problems with Telnet

> I connect to my ISP with Win95 as well (cos there is no NetMeeting on
> Linux :-(, and it is much more responsive.

I had a problem with latency once and it was due to name resolution, and the
particular order I had DNS' in my system.

With the host that you are having the lag with, setup a /etc/hosts entry for that
machine and try it again.  If it take the same about of time, then not resolution.
If it is quick then you know you have a problem with resolution.

--Jay Barbee