Re: Latency problems with Telnet

> > I connect to my ISP with Win95 as well (cos there is no NetMeeting on
> > Linux :-(, and it is much more responsive.

Maybe you have made the same error I made: to connect to my ISP I
wrongly specified 38400 as modem speed since it was the only speed I
found in the documentation (manual pages and HOWTOSs). After
replacing 38400 with 56400 (I found this value only in the setserial man
page) I noticed an incredible (probably ~2x)  speedup.

> I had a problem with latency once and it was due to name resolution, and
> the particular order I had DNS' in my system.
>
> With the host that you are having the lag with, setup a /etc/hosts entry
> for that  machine and try it again.  If it take the same about of time,
> then not resolution.
> If it is quick then you know you have a problem with resolution.

-Michele