Re: Latency problems with Telnet

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, BG Lim wrote:

> Linux :-(, and it is much more responsive.

What is your mru/mtu settings ... settings of something like 1500 will
really screw up a telnet connection. I use 1006 with good result but I
have a lot of traffic. Try 296.

A smaller mru/mtu will allow packets to be sent after accumulating less
data.  You might not be able to specify the MRU/MTU, it might be forced by
the other end. If you use an MRU/MTU of 1500, it will not send a packet
until 1500 bytes are accumulated or until it times out waiting for data
and pads the rest of the packet with 0's.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!