Re: Exim Aliases With Domains

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Asher Haig wrote:

> Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. I want it to evaluate not just "user"
> but also "domainX"
> Right now I have warped-reality.com and plastered.net on the same box. I
> want to do specific addresses for each.
>
> Right now it seems to just ignore the domain.

No problem. In the directors configuration section of the exim.conf file,
you probably have something like:

system_aliases:
  driver = aliasfile;
  file = /etc/aliases,
  search_type = lsearch
# user = list
# Uncomment the above line if you are running smartlist

Just add a line under the driver = aliasfile; that looks like this:

include_domain = true,

Note the comma!

Now you will need to include the domain for EACH alias!

In other words:

postmaster@domain1:	billy
postmaster@domain2:	bobby

An alias like:

postmaster:	susie

Will never be matched if you set include_domain.

I can teach you a different, and I think better way if you like.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!