Re: Debian 1.3.1 --> 2.0: a wise move?

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Johann Spies wrote:

> After reading a lot about exim's good qualities, I decided to replace
> smail with exim.  I could again not get exim to work.  I never had a
> problem to get smail to work with 1.1 - 1.3.1.  However it took me
> more than 24 hours to get some sort of email system working again.  I
> tried exim about 5 time, sendmail, qmail and smail.  Qmail's
> configuration script aborted giving some error message that some
> control should by do manually.  I could nowhere in the documentation
> find out what that means.

I suspect you have some basic configuration error. Exim has always
installed well for me using the eximconfig script. I suspect that either
your resolv.conf is wrong, your /etc/hosts is wrong, your network
configuration is wrong or something else very basic.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!