Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 00:05:30 -0500 (CDT)
From: Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net>
To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: X problems

First off, I know jack about X.

Having said that, I have an STB Velocity 3D with 4 MB of RAM ... I
installed xbase and xserver-svga, as well as fvwm2, olvwm, wmaker, and
afterstep.  I chose Virge/VX as my "board" type when I ran XF86Setup.

Here's the problem.  If I try to run afterstep or wmaker, I get a blank
screen and the PC locks up hard.  If I set olvwm or fvwm2 as my window
manager, X runs fine.

Now, I hate to start a war here, but olvwm and fvwm2 (and twm) don't do
much for me - I'd like to try these other window managers!  But, it
seems I can't ... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD

PS  Other system details:
	Pentium 100, 32MB RAM, serial mouse, ViewSonic 17GS monitor ...