Re: support for backup hardware (streamer)

Harald Boeing <boeing@math.fu-berlin.de> writes:
HB> I'm running Debian 2.0 and want to do some backups from time to
HB> time.  At the moment a floppy streamer seems to be the cheapest
HB> possibility, but looking at the current howto's I couldn't figure
HB> out if the Iomega Ditto 7GB is supported. (Is it still true that
HB> the 2GB version isn't running under linux?)

The beta versions of the ftape driver support the Ditto Max.  If
properly configured, I haven't had too much trouble with it.  (In
particular, remember to install the ftape-internal module with
ft_fdc_rate_limit=2000...it'll make sense once you're actually trying
to use it. :-)  Look under the "Development" link on the ftape Web
page at http://www-math.math.rwth-aachen.de/~LBFM/claus/ftape/ftape.html.
Note that you will need both the ftape and ftape-tools packages.  The
same driver should work for the Ditto 2GB drives.

--
/                             \       "Dad was reading a book called