support for backup hardware (streamer)

Dear Debian users,

I'm running Debian 2.0 and want to do some backups from time to time.
At the moment a floppy streamer seems to be the cheapest possibility,
but looking at the current howto's I couldn't figure out if the
Iomega Ditto 7GB is supported. (Is it still true that the 2GB version
isn't running under linux?)

If anybody has some other good suggestions about how to make cheap
backups (type of hardware, size about 1GB) please send a direct mail
to me as I'm currently not subscribed to the list. Thanks a lot for
your efforts!

Bye, harald