Re: rxvt

Michael Symalla wrote:

> rxvt: can't open pseudo-tty
> rxvt: aborting

I was plagued with this problem intermittently last year.  I *never* solved
it.  Sometimes the problem would go away after 10 minutes.  I had it with
many versions of rxvt, from Debian itself and compiled on my own.

What usually worked for me as a work-around:

1- Create an xterm window and exit out of it.
2- Now try rxvt again.

It's like rxvt couldn't get a pseudo-tty but xterm could.  Once xterm
released it, then rxvt could get it.

Weird.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada