Re: eight_bit console

>I'm using Debain Linux and do most of my work in console mode.
>I use us keymap and i wonder what i have to do to be able to write
>eight_bit characters. In X alt is bound to meta and that works just
>fine, but in console-mode holding in alt while writing seems to have no
>effect whatsover.

The meta keys in the console can be set to either prefix the next key
with ESC or set the 8th bit. You can select which behaviour they should
exhibit with the setmetamode command.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40