pppd no longer logging to wtmp/utmp

After upgrading to debian 2.0, pppd is no longer logging incoming ppp
connections to wtmp/utmp. I'm using the 'login' option for pppd, which is what
used to work. What has changed, and how can I get the old behaviour back?

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"...and how are you going to make education easy?  You might as well try to
   build an athlete by keeping him in a hammock with cream puffs and beer."
   - Edgar Pangborn