Email migration

Does anyone know how to migrate Microsoft Outlook Express email messages to
a unix email client? At this point, I'll use any email client that let's me
do this.  I'm ready to leave NT behind (well, at home anyway) and I need to
keep all my archived mail available for records and searches. Messages can
be saved in a text format and copied to my Debian box, but that won't keep
the archive continuous with new messages coming in. Any ideas?

Eric Saylor