Getty Issue

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... its actually MGETTY that's causing
the issue, not GETTY.  Its hard to see because it scrolls off the screen so
fast I'm trying to read something that's scrolling on an LCD display, which
doesn't refresh very fast.

Anyway, that aside, I edited the config file, and removed all the getty
statements, rebooted, then couldn't login :(  I had done this before I saw
all of the replies you folks sent, so that forced me to install Debian once
again.  So, here I am - reinstalled.  And you know what?  Its downloading
everything for about 45 minutes now, and hasn't displayed that error at
all.  So, I either selected something different, or got lucky :)

<knocking on the desk>  Yay!

Thanks agian for your helpful, prompt replies.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

Wanted - RWD Buick Flywheel that fits the 3.8L / 4.1L!
-