Re: Bizarre getty issue

>Frederic: try installing mingetty (uses less mem and CPU anyway), then
>change all the lines in inittab to use mingetty.  This should both solve
>the problem and help you w/ resources.

Thank you for your very QUICK response.  I'll do that once the rest of the
packages are done installing.  I'm curious, is getty, mingetty, etc, even
slightly necessary?  Realistically, I wont be using a modem... this was
just to install debian, since I don't have my firewall working.  yet ;)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

Wanted - RWD Buick Flywheel that fits the 3.8L / 4.1L!
-