Re: non-interactive ispell

Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
> > > is it possible to let ispell find all words that it doesn't understand
> > > store in a file?  When checking a long text one can't concentrate by
> > > all these words that ispell doesn't know.
> >
> > The program "spell" from the spell package does exactly this.
> >
> > One disadvantage though: it doesn't know how to use LaTeX encoded
> > umlauts.
> >
> > Since I'm in Germany and have to write in German partially
> > I'd like to check german texts.  Any hint how I should encode
> > umlauts?  Ascii, Iso, HTML and LaTeX are no problems...
> >
> Why not write your texts with the real umlauts (requires:
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} in the preamble)?

Believe it or not, that's what I'm doing - although I'm using american
keyboards without german umlauts on them.  However I'm not adding the
package include since I'm using plain text files, no latex.

The question instead is: How do I need to encode umlauts to use with spell?

ANSI umlauts don't work
ASCII umlauts don't work
LaTeX umlauts don't work
SGML umlauts don't work
Unix umlauts (ae/ue) don't work

Now, I don't have more encodings.  Ok, recode has more, but.. I'm tired...

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.