Re: arguments against Linux I have heard and just my two cents worth

matthew wrote,
>Indeed - WordPerfect is a recent release for Linux, and IIRC both it and
>Startoffice support MSWord (though which versions I'm not sure - see their
>websites for details).

use a lot of quotation marks areound "supports" when speaking about
staroffice.  Some documents convert fine, some come through with bizarre
formatting, and some simply crash star office.  A simple envelope yesterday
repeatedly crashed staroffice when trying to save it as a word file.  While it
is a nice step, StarOffice 4.03 is far from ready for prime time; it is
certainly not ready for business use.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.