Re: Installing XFSTT on HAMM

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 08:08:32AM +0000, Robert Wilderspin wrote:
> On 15 Aug 98 09:13:51 GMT, doug.t@deltanet.com (Doug Thistlethwaite)
> wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to dig up information on installing XFSTT on my
> >upgraded HAMM system so my Netscape will look better.
> >
> >I downloaded the relavent dpkgs and everything seemed in install
> >correctly.  I looked in the DOC's area and there isn't much in the way
> >of help to tell me what to do.
> >
> >Does anyone know of a set of instructions on installing XFSTT that they
> >could send me?  My main (probably only) goal for using it is to make
> >Netscape easier to read on my little monitor.
> >
> >I saw some stuff saying that I would need to move some TT fonts from my
> >Windoze systems to the Liinux, but I dodn't see anything that told me
> >exactly want to move and where to move it.
>
> Here's something I saved from a post from weeks ago.  I haven't
> actually tried it myself (yet), but it may be of some use to you.
>
> "bring over the windows fonts and put them in /var/lib/ttfonts

yikes no...ok
package version 0.9.7 : /var/ttfonts

latest packages of 0.9.9: /usr/share/fonts/truetype

> then run xfstt --sync
> then run xfstt &
> then just edit XF86Config to include that font server and run X"

bacsically yea :) add
Fontpath "unix/7100" (for pre xfstt0.9.9-4 or so)
or
Fontpath "unix/7101" for the latest ones

> I guess that the fonts would be "/windows/fonts/*.ttf".

yes :)

btw you can make directories under /var/ttfonts or /usr/share/fonts/truetype
then the fonts will be in a group of the name of that dir
I put all my windows ttf's in "winfonts" under that

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"