Linuxmusicface=0 was ( Slab [Re: Audio Stuffffff] )

Hi debian,

Well i have be searching about a long time for sound application. And i
get to the conclusion that for musicans, linux is crap. Music people
cannot do music on computer with this OP. I found this pretty bad. Here
could exist very better app. that for win/Mac. Linux is much more free
that those, then, there could be much more free application. And thats
what musican (at least me) are searching for. Freedom for creations....

finnaly to end with my sound questions.... where can i find sound apps??

>> Well sorry for this questio, but what is GUS ??
>GUS means Gravis UltraSound and is a sound card like the AWE 32. It is
>'inclined' to play MOD files.
>
>> I need to load soundbanks and create them too. Im searching for a
>> program that can do edition of soundbanks... if someone knows about
one
>> please tell me...
>>
>In the Debian awe-utils package I found some interesting programs:
>with them you can traslate soundbanks to/from textual representation
and
>to/from gus-patches. I never tried it, but you should be able to edit
the
>textual representation with an ordinary text editor and translate it
back
>to the sfx format or use a gus-patch editor to modify your soundbank
>(but I am not much informed on such editors).
>
>> > Where have you downloaded it? ... maybe I can compile it and make a
>> > Debian package from it.
>>
>> Slab seems an interesting program. A Debian user recomend me this
>> program. I forgot his name. but i didnt forgot the addres where i got
>> slab, its at shareware music machine:
>>
>> http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Slab_Recording_Studio_Software/
>Unfortunately it is shareware, and it is VERY big (over 2 Mb) for my
VERY
>slow internet connection.
>
>> PS: I cannot find information on thats ``ACI MIXER'' at the kernel
>> configurartion...someone has? Whe i select this, sound initialization
>> becomes very slow at my system...
>It seems to be a driver for the miroSOUND card, which enables full
duplex.
>Sound initialization may be slow probably because the kernel tries to
detect
>that card.
>For more info on it read the file
/usr/src/linux/drivers/sound/lowlevel/aci.c

>Ciao
>Michele

I have check slab page again, and yes, its shareware :-(
I will give awe-utils a try...

Thanks for all the information,
Phillip Neumann
filsin@bigfoot.com