Re: OFF-TOPIC (How do you guys sort your mail?)

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 02:46:19 +0800, "Richard L. Alhama" wrote:
> How do you guys sort all this mail?
>
> This list is actually the first discussion-list that I've subscribed to.
> I'm at my wits end trying to sort all this incoming mail.
>
> I need to be able to put all the emails from debian-users to a
> folder (file?).  I'm using pine as my MUA.  What packages do I need to
> install?

I only use Pine when my ISP makes me (on campus, it's their baby), and
they haven't got procmail running yet on the server that allows
imap/pop, so I don't sort mail in Pine, but my isp has this brief
introduction which might be of some help to you.

  http://www.washington.edu/computing/faqs/plaintext/filter.intro

Another, much better, reference can be found at:

  http://acsweb.ucis.dal.ca/fsg/notes/procmail.html

I use fetchmail and procmail to get mail off the imap/pop server and
sort it into my user's ~/Mail/*/ folders, then I read it with exmh (or
mutt).  Some of my procmail configuration files can be found at:

  http://weber.u.washington.edu/~dstern/linux.html#MF

Further resources in my bookmarks:

  http://weber.u.washington.edu/~dstern/unix.html#E-Mail