Re: WARNING : libc6 Version: 2.0.7t-1 breaks resolv routines

Quoting Robert J. Alexander (rja@raleigh.ibm.com):
> The debugging I and a friend in IBM have been doing seem to pinpoint the
> resolver problems I had to the release of libc6 we just both upgraded
> to:
> Version: 2.0.7t-1
>
> with this installed even if your /etc/nsswitch.conf and your
> /host.conf files point to /etc/hosts, the host command never even
> tries to read it when doing name to address translation.

That is the correct behavior. The host program only queries DNS servers;
it does not consult the local host table. You can try pinging a hostname
in the host table to see if it resolves.

Mike Stone