Almost there. . .HELP

I have been trying to set-up a PC here at work without connecting to the
NET( Boss won't let me :< ). After trying to copy the files from a Windows
PC via a null-modem cable, I found I didn't have enough room on the hard
drive for ALL the debian packages. I've decided to 'borrow' an IP address
from another PC and can now ping IP addresses from the net, but I can't get
access to a DSN because I'm not supposed to be connected to the net. Could
someone tell me how I can connect to one of the debian mirror sites without
using a DSN? I'm not very NET literate, I just know how to 'ping' and use
the '?' command in ftp. If I could get connected via an IP address and run
dselect, I could get my system up and running and dis-connect it during a
night-shift when no-one can complain. I have been trying to get this system
running for much longer that I care to think about, but work won't budge on
letting me connect to the net, so I think this is the only way around them.
Thanks very much for you help. Despite my current inability to get debian
running on my system, I still recommend it to anyone who asks my opinion of
Operating Systems, and some who don't ask : )

Cheers,

     John Gay