Re: Partitioning....

> I am about to install hamm.  I have dedicated 2.6gigs to it.  I have
> seen several FAQs and HowTo's on the subject of partitions sizes,
> unfortunately they all say something different.  What I want to know is
> what is the best way to partition the 2.6 gigs?

Well,  give yourself at least twice as much swap space as physical memory
(for 64 megs of ram,  go for 128 megs of swap).  Swap should be a seperate
partition.

Other than that,  it really doesn't matter.  Most of the major disk space
needed is probably under /usr (almost all programs reside here),  and it
can be useful to have this be a seperate partition if you want to nfs
export it someplace (the same could be said for /home),  but there are
lots of people who run linux in a single partition and it's fine.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|         And if you hold on tight to what you think is your thing       |
|                you may find you're missing all the rest ...            |
|	         - Dave Matthews,  "Best of What's Around"               |