Lilo, Dos, and an interesting attempt

I'm trying to setup my computer so that I can boot to Win95, Linux, and
Dos (basically for dosemu).  I have the dos partition on a SparQ disk
setup as master on the secondary controller.  When I disconnect my drive
on the primary controller, I can boot to my SparQ just fine.  I setup Lilo
to point to /dev/hdc (which is my SparQ in linux) and installed it.  Upon
trying different variations to make sure mine was right, lilo installed
itself on my drive on the primary controller.  I can boot to all
partitions but DOS.  It tells me "Non-System disk or Disk error" when I
try.  I'm assuming this message is coming from the boot record of my
SparQ, but don't know why.  On the upside, dosemu gives me the same
message when I try to use this partition, so if I fix one, I'll probably
fix both.  Do MS OSes not allow themselves to be booted from a partition
that is not the primary master or something?  Can anyone help me out or
provide any help?  Thanks.

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."