kermel make overrwites symbolic link, confusing lilo

I don't think I've seen this one before . . .

I have /boot mounted on the first partition, a single cylinder.  /vmlinux is a
symbolic link to /boot/vmlinux-2.0.33.  Rather than following the link, "make
zImage zlilo" is placing a vmlinuz in /, undoing the old link, and crossing
the 1023 cylinder boundry.  I'm pretty sure that this didn't used to happen,
since I didn't used to have a problem :)

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.