Re: How to connect?; install packages?

> Derek Saw wrote:

> > I've finished installed the core component of Debian.
> > I've downloaded many packages from Internet using Win95 and save it
> > all the files in the directory D:\DEBIAN (no subdirectories)
> >
> > By using DSELECT,
> > how can I set the ACCESS to use all the files in that directories and
> > SELECT the packages I want and then INSTALL them??

I have installed hamm by d/loading it. dselect is
particularly good for ftp installs.
I recommend you not to download packages one by one, but
instead just run dselect (once you get ppp working). In
'access' choose ftp as your access method. It will ask you
many questions then. You can safely press ENTER to keep
all default settings. The only settings that you have to
enter are 1) the ftp server, 2) The location of 'debian'
directory on that server.
In my case the server was ftp.fuller.edu and the 'debian'
directory was '/debian'.
Once you run dselect just hit install all in "Select" and
it will install a fairly complete linux system, but
without X. If you need X, then run dselect again and
install X as well.