Re: xfstt 0.9.9-5 is not serving for some reason.

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Christopher Barry wrote:

 : Adding FontPath "unix/:7101" solved the problem. I don't know why the
 : xfstt installation doesn't put this in there for you automatically, or at
 : least tell you to do it after adding ttf fonts to the proper directory,
 : but it should. Also, why the switch to unix/:7101? Because unix/:7100
 : conflicts with xfs (though I never had problems)? Say, when is someone
 : going to package xfsft for Debian anyways?

I need to specify on which ports xfstt is running myself (using the --port
option), as xfs runs on 7100. Strange that it does work w/o specifying :-)

By the way, what is "xfsft" ?

 -Remco

 : >  : I recently grabbed the latest xfstt from Slink and I removed the old
 : >  : xfstt first before upgrading (maybe this is where I went wrong).
 : >  : Anyways, the new xfstt installed without giving any error messages
 : >  : but when I started X and Netscape, Netscape was no longer using
 : >  : truetype fonts and I could no longer select them from edit ->
 : >  : preferences -> fonts. I looked at my XF86Config file and noticed
 : >  : there was no longer a FontPath "unix/:7100" entry but adding one
 : >  : just made X fail to start (could not open default font "fixed" error
 : >  : or something like that). I rebooted also before trying all of this
 : >  : again and xfstt starts up just fine at boot time so I'm clueless
 : >  : here.
 : >
 : > I'm using the same xfstt and it works for me. Are you sure the fonts
 : > are still in place, as you said your removed your old xfstt?
 : >
 : > I'm running a 'normal' xfs on port 7100, and xfstt on 7101. So I
 : > specified both in XF86Config.