Re: Is the diskless boot possible in debian ?

Thank you VERY much for your help. I can now successfully mount my win98 partition (using
the vfat type) which makes my like sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier trying to debug the
modem problem. OK, the error is:

Jul 30 15:07:20 gunner pppd[801]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
Jul 30 15:07:20 gunner pppd[801]: tcgetattr: Input/output error(5)
Jul 30 15:07:21 gunner pppd[801]: Exit.

1) I'm almost positive I added ppp support into the kernal during setup.

2) I'm not real positive that the serial port is being initialized correctly. I think ttyS0
is being initialized (for the mouse?) but there is no evidence that ttyS1 is. I tried echo
ATDT5555555 > /dev/ttyS1 and nothing happened.

3) I'm using the same init string as I do in windows

4) This one I'm not clear on. Do I need to adduser root dip? I created a user account
(wesneski) which is the same name as my ISP account name, which I would imagine I would
have to add if I wanted to dial out as that user. But I want it to dial out as soon as
Linux boots. Is this possible? Or does each user have to dial out after they connect?

Thanks again for all your help. I really really appreciate it....

begin:          vcard
fn:             Chris Wesneski
n:              Wesneski;Chris
adr:            http://wwp.mirabilis.com/8555629;;;Dallas, Texas;;;USA