Re: Is the diskless boot possible in debian ?

I am having considerable trouble setting up my modem to connect to my ISP. I'm pretty
sure I have the serial port configured but every time I run pppd via pon I get an
error in the log file. I've read all the HOWTOs and anything else I can find (since
no one on this list will ever help you if you don't) and I am still as lost as I was
going in. In one of the HOWTOs they mention kermit and another program to test (not
connect) the modem. I only have the base installed so I need to know,
1) what am I supposed to use to test that the modem is working?

2) is it a pert of the base install package?
  a) if not where can I get it and what do I need to do to get it running?

3) how can I mount(?) my win95 partition so I can access the files while in
Linux (and vice-versa)? It is a real pain to have to keep switching OSs to read this
lists mail and browse docs online and then try something and switch back and ......
well you get the picture.

I can see why people complain about the learning curve. It's not a matter of getting
up it, it's just when you do get to a point where ignorance overcomes you and no one
is willing to help it gets very frustrating. I'm almost ready to switch back to
Windows (gasp) full-time.
begin:          vcard
fn:             Christopher Wesneski
n:              Wesneski;Christopher
org:            STMicroelectronics
adr:            1310 Electronics Drive;;;Carrollton, Texas;;75006;USA
email;internet: christopher.wesneski@st.com
title:          ASIC Design Engineer
tel;work:       (972) 466-8277
tel;fax:        (972) 466-6572
note;quoted-printable:"I skate to where the puck is going to be,=0D=0A=
	  not where it has been." -Wayne Gretzky
x-mozilla-cpt:  http://sun4s023/~wesneski/;2
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1