Re: 2.0 CD images and symlinks...

d1temp@lerum.mail.telia.com writes:

> >> Yes! That did it. Thank you!
> >>
> >> My man-page for mount (nor fstab) says nothing about -onojoliet (or
> >> joliet at all), maybe I need a newer version of mount? (2.7l)
> >> Or is this information stashed somewhere else?
> >
> > I think this might be a bug in kernel 2.0.33 -- it only happened with
> > my 2.0.33 box (not my 2.0.32 and 2.0.34 boxes).  I've also never seen
> > documentation for it (I upgraded my kernel, instead).
>
> Aha, yes... was using 2.0.33, upgraded to 2.0.34 and the need for
> -onojoliet went away...

Yes, this is a know problem with 2.0.33. The documentation is missing,
because joliet extensions have to be patched into 2.0.X
kernels. It has been backported from 2.1.

Grimaldi

---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Like the genre it is meant to satirize my article is a mélange of
truths, half-truths, quarter-truths, falsehoods, non sequiturs, and
syntactically correct sentences that have no meaning
whatsoever.
                    --- Alan D. Sokal on his article in Social Text