Re: Trouble With Simple Thing.

Chris Wong wrote:
  >Hello,
  >
  >	I'm sorta new to Debian.. and I was wondering if anyone could help
  >me with limiting users to their own directory. I've read docs about it,
  >but still can't get it working. Anyone help? Thanks.

I don't understand what you want to do.

The normal state of affairs is that users can go anywhere in the file
system.  It is possible to use permissions to restrict access to some
directories; for example you may have a private directory under your
home directory, to which you deny access to anyone else.

For information on permissions and their use see <http://www.debian.org/~hp/tut
orial/debian-tutorial.html/ch-files.html>;
for detailed information, use `man chmod' and `man 2 chmod'.

     "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in
      burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the
      voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than
      sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."
                                     I Samuel 15:22