Re: are there "old" bo packages mirrored anywhere

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> Jens Ritter wrote:
> > Well, you may have to unpack the source by hand.
> >
> > Deb_helper packages (debian/rules contains dh_* entries) can´t be
> > installed using dpkg (irc info).
>
> Next time I see you on IRC I'll have to set you straight. :-) Yes, debhelper
> packages, can be installed with dpkg, the binary packages are just like any
> other package. You need debhelper installed to build the source packages.

Sorry for me expressing badly in a foreign language. I should start
reading twice before posting... :-(

I intended to say:
for building a debhelper package (the deb) you need to install debhelper,
which is AFAIK not possible on a bo system.

Joeyh: Is this now correct?

Sorry again,

grimaldi
---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Everthing works only as good, as it is expected to.
        --- Stephen Chu on why his lasercooling apparatus only
            cooled to some millikelvins and not to some nanokelvins
            (as later by theorists was demonstrated possible)