/usr/lib/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86

Thanks for the help Jens.

I had indeed modified the X server to use xkb in order to get backspace
working properly. I edited the /usr/lib/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86 to change
xkb_symbols from pc105 to pc101. As you pointed out pc105 was mapping my
alt keys to alt and the non-existent windows keys to meta.

Does anyone know of a better way to solve this problem? Should I have
rerun one of the X setup or config programs?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com