Alt keys stopped working in Xemacs

Hi,

Sometime between Saturday and Monday morning my Alt keys stopped working
in Xemacs. I thought the only change I made was adding

  (setq delete-key-deletes-forward t)

however after backing out this change Alt still doesn't work. The
Ctrl-Alt-Fx combination still works to change to a virtual terminal from
X, so the alt key seems to be working.

Ex. <Alt-x> prints "A-x not defined" in the minibuffer. "Esc-x" prints the
correct "M-x".

I tried to insert the character into a buffer with <Ctrl-q><Alt-x>. I received
the following message in the minibuffer:

  key read cannot be inserted in a buffer: #<keypress-event alt-x>

Does anyone have any suggestions on debugging this problem?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com