Re: Question about screen size in X and questions about Netscape

Nico Fritschi wrote:

> My next question is about Netscape 4.05 . When i set up my mail and news
> server i always get the message "unknown host mail.gmx.de" or
> "news.gmx.de". I tried that on- and off-line but both did not work. Do I
> have to list them in a config file somewhere?

Maybe you haven't already configured your DNS (domain name server). This
is the machine from your provider that resolves names for you. The
documentation you got from your provider must have it's IP number.
You'll have to create a file in your /etc/ directory called
¨resolv.conf¨. There put the domain name of your provider and the IP
number of their DNS. Here goes my resolv.conf:

domain cce.usp.br
domain search
nameserver 143.107.253.3

> My last question is a bit off topic. I'm a newbie in the Linux world and
> would like to change totally from this toy os Windoze to Linux. On both
> systems I use Netscape 4.05 and i want to use my mail and news files in
> my mail and news directories which i got from Netscape (windows) in my
> linux Netscape. Momentarily a got a fat 16 partition which I mount and
> on which i got my mail and news files, so i changed the directory setup
> in Netscape (linux) to these dirs. But nothing happened. Has someone
> done this already and can help me?

Sorry can't help you there! :-)

Paulo.