iomega/lp woes

I recently installed 2.0 Beta. As installed, it recognizes my zip drive
which I can then mount and use. When this is the case, it no longer will
print to /dev/lp1. I can reboot with the zip removed and the printer is
happy.

Before this install I had lp and ppa installed as modules and could get back
and forth with insmod/rmmod manipulations. So I thought I'd recompile with
these as modules to see if I could return to that functionally acceptable
albeit inconvenient state. The recompile went OK, but the subsequent
'make modules' failed (see error messages below the cut-line). It complains
about a missing 'parport.h' which I haven't been able to locate.

I would appreciate hints on where to find parport.h or any advice on a
better investigative path.

TIA, Richard

--------------------------- cut-line -----------------------------------

ppa.c:21: linux/parport.h: No such file or directory
ppa.c:51: linux/parport.h: No such file or directory
ppa.c: In function `ppa_wakeup':
ppa.c:73: warning: implicit declaration of function `parport_claim'
ppa.c:78: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c: In function `ppa_release':
ppa.c:89: warning: implicit declaration of function `parport_unregister_device'
ppa.c: In function `ppa_pb_claim':
ppa.c:95: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c:102: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c:102: `PARPORT_MODE_PCEPP' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:102: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ppa.c:102: for each function it appears in.)
ppa.c:103: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c: At top level:
ppa.c:117: unknown field `eh_abort_handler' specified in initializer
ppa.c:117: unknown field `eh_device_reset_handler' specified in initializer
ppa.c:117: unknown field `eh_bus_reset_handler' specified in initializer
ppa.c:117: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
ppa.c:117: unknown field `eh_host_reset_handler' specified in initializer
ppa.c:117: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
ppa.c:117: duplicate initializer for `driver_template.bios_param'
ppa.c: In function `ppa_detect':
ppa.c:139: warning: implicit declaration of function `parport_enumerate'
ppa.c:139: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
ppa.c:147: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c:153: warning: implicit declaration of function `parport_register_device'
ppa.c:154: `PARPORT_DEV_TRAN' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:154: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
ppa.c:165: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c:172: `PARPORT_MODE_PCPS2' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:175: `PARPORT_MODE_PCECPPS2' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:179: `PARPORT_MODE_PCECPEPP' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:183: warning: implicit declaration of function `parport_release'
ppa.c:209: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c:147: warning: value computed is not used
ppa.c: In function `ppa_proc_info':
ppa.c:270: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ppa.c: In function `ppa_abort':
ppa.c:1191: `SUCCESS' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:1194: `FAILED' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:1197: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
ppa.c: In function `ppa_reset':
ppa.c:1217: `SUCCESS' undeclared (first use this function)
ppa.c:1218: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
make[2]: *** [ppa.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make: *** [modules] Error 2