Advanced Power Management & Linux

Hi all,

I'm looking to install Linux into a(n almost brand-spanking new) Sony
Tower VAIO PCV-210 multimedia PC with the stable version of Debian 2.0
(just released today). The PCV-210 has got this feature called "Advanced
Power Management (APM version 1.2) where it puts itself in "sleep" mode
when there is no activity for a certain period of time. I'm wonder if this
will cause problems for Linux.  I fooled around a little with Debian 1.3
and it definitely seemed to act wierdly (I wasn't able to get the screen
to come back on after it shut off).  Anyone have any experience with this?

TIA,

Marcus