Re: Fvwm2 and Debian menu

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 10:27:33PM -0400, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

> Well, you don't have to start your FvwmButtons from the menu - you can
> just start it automatically (assuming you always want it to be there);
> on one account on my machine, this is done by putting all the
> customization into post.hook and a call to 'Module FvwmButtons' in
> init-restart.hook.
>
> If, however, you want it in the menu you can always put it in yourself
> with an AddToMenu command in post.hook; modifying the menu entry
> itself (by changing /usr/lib/menu/fvwm2) gets wiped by a new fvwm2.
> This has the problem that the DebianFvwmButtons is still there...
>
> The best solution is probably to use
> DestroyModuleConfig DebianFvwmButtons
> in post.hook and then listing the entries one wants.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I do want to start it from a menu, and your last method
sounded like the best idea.  Unfortunately, even after doing that
there remains some obscure left over bit of configuration somewhere
that screws up the display of the button bar.  In the end I just
made my FvwmButtons setup a new entry in the main-menu-pre-hook.
It works.

Curt