Re: autoup.sh fails when upgrading bo -> hamm

I got the same message when I tried to run autoup.sh. However, I was trying
to run it on a hamm system instead of trying to do an upgrade from bo. This
is because I'm a newbie and don't know what I'm doing yet. Nonetheless,
thought I'd let everyone know I saw the error also.

At 07:43 PM 7/23/1998 +1000, you wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, JonesMB wrote:
>
>> I am trying to upgrade from bo to hamm so I can run the new bash and
>> try wine.
>>
>> I run autoup.sh and it ftp'ed the files needed for the upgrade.  It
>> failed to get me the file libstdc++2.8_*.deb
>>
>> [...deleted...]
>
>autoup.sh is expecting to find it in libs/, but it's not there anymore.
>it has been moved to base/. it must have happened recently because i
>haven't had any other complaints about it yet.
>
>download it from base, install it with dpkg and then run autoup.sh
>again.
>

>> The autoup.sh I have is "v 0.27 1998/05/29".  I got it from
>> http://www.debian.org/2.0/autoup/ Is this too old a version to be
>> using or what?
>
>nope. that's the latest version. i'll put out a new version soon which
>corrects this libstdc++ problem.
>
>if you want to be certain you have the latest version, check
>http://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup or http://taz.net.au/autoup/
>
>the vicnet site is preferred - and also contains a .tar.gz file
>containing all the files which autoup.sh needs. debian.vicnet.net.au is
>my workstation at work, and has a much better net connection than the
>taz site (which is my home network).
>

>craig
>
>--
>craig sanders
>

>--
/dev/null

Kent West			| Technology Support/Customer Service		|
Abilene Christian University	| Voice: 915-674-2557  FAX: 915.674.6724	|
ACU Station, Box 29005	| E-MAIL: kent.west@infotech.acu.edu		|
Abilene, TX  79699-9005	| Ham:    KC5ENO, General			|