samba printing problems

I'm trying to print from Windows 3.1 to an Epson Stylus Pro connected to
my Linux computer (using samba).

Whenever I print anything very complicated (graphics, high-res text), it
comes out with blank spaces, pieces missing, etc.

I know it's something on the Linux computer because the printouts come out
perfectly when I connect the printer directly to the Win3.1 computer.

Since it does fine with simple jobs, I'm getting the idea that the problem
is caused when a large amount of data needs to go to the printer.

Any help in getting Linux to pass the jobs through intact would be
appreciated.