getting RealPlayer 5 running

Hello,

Have any of you guys been able to get RealPlayer 5 running in Linux.  Now that
I am over the bash 2.0/Netscape issue I am not able to get RealPlayer running.
 I always get these errors when I try to open any Real Audio file.

Error 38 : File compression not supported. Cannot locate the requested
RealMedia decoder

The codec for this video was not found on your system, please upgrade.

The version I am using is v5.0.0.35.  RealPlayer even fails with the
welcome.rm file that comes with Real Player.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA
jmb

PS 1 - I embarked on a project to use a Microsoft-free Linux-inside machine a
couple of weeks ago.  So far everything I do in MSWindows I can do in Linux.
The only exception to this is Quicken and games.  But I am amazed at the
amount of software that's outthere for Linux.

PS 2 - Then today a friend complains about his system again (P200MMX,
64MB-RAM, SCSI Disks) that it is too slow running NT with an FTP Server, Web
Server, Exchange for mail and Winfax Fax Server.  Then I'm thinking, so many
guys on his list are running machines with many more server functions on less
capable hardware.  I tried to talk him into Linux but he is an MSCE and won't
use anything but MS.  Poor dude.