Re: I lost my window managers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Panzer <mark.panzer@excel.net> writes:

> > > PS - windows look kinda neat without a window manager sometimes (except
> > > you can move them)
> >
> > I sorta agree...it is different...hmmm
> > could take out fvwm2 sources...strip em down totally...
> > take out all the code for most functions... get rid of all window
> > decorations... no titlebar...no fram...
> > just a window manager with 1 function..it lets you move windows
> > hmmmm
> > -Steve
> Just think of all those pixles you'll save (especially when I can only
> do 800X600).

Take a look at wm2: (from http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/wm2/)

 wm2 is a window manager for X. Using wm2, you can:
  move windows around the screen;
  resize windows both horizontally and vertically;
  hide windows;
  restore hidden windows; and
  delete windows.
  wm2 also adds a stylish frame to each managed window.
 wm2 does not provide:
  icons;
  configurability;
  a virtual desktop;
  extendable root menus;
  toolbars - button panels - docking areas - &c.

Cheers

--
Deniz Dogan