Re: Mouse movement weirdness with latest X packages

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> I think this is a horrible solution.  Why does Debian xterm have to make
> itself unique and incompatible with the rest of the world?  Do Redhat,
> Slackware, Suse, Caldera, etc. have their own xterm variants?  I think
> this kind of separation just makes non-Linux users more alienated from
> the Linux community.  There has to be a better solution.

Debian has a regualr xterm entry. You can make that the default just as
easilly.  I agree though that xterm-debian is useful ONLY if all of your
work is done on Debian systems. That appears to me to be a rather arrogant
assumtpion. It was bad enough when Debian changed xterm to some new
configuration that broke solaris and you had to set it to xterm-old every
time I logged in from a Sun machine.

As for adding the xterm-debian to the Solaris machine, it is painless
really but a bitch if you don't have authorization.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?