Re: Mouse movement weirdness with latest X packages

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Ken Lauffenburger wrote:

> Any suggestions or clues would be quite appreciated.

What brand and model of mouse are you using?

> Also, on a related note, what is the purpose of changing the TERM variable
> to "xterm-debian" ?  I'm planning on changing it back on my system unless
> there is some benefit that I haven't discovered yet.  The problem I have is
> when I establish an ssh session to my Sun machine at work, it doesn't
> understand "xterm-debian" and I have to set the TERM variable to "xterm" to
> get any useful work done.
>
> Thanks.

The terminfo entry for xterm-debian can be copied directly to a Solaris
machine without modification.

Copy /etc/terminfo/x/xterm-debian on the linux box to
/usr/share/lib/terminfo/x/xterm-debian on the Solaris box or have your
sysadmin do it if you do not have root on that machine. Also, you can cut
and paste the termcap entry in /etc/termcap for xterm-debian to
/etc/termcap on the Solaris box.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?