Re: Getting Samba working on BO

Thanks for the reply Mirek,

Mirek Kwasniak wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 10:30:59AM -0700, Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:
> (...)
> > How do I get Samba working on my BO system.  I used dselect to download and
> > install it.  I have looked through the files but I have not seen anything with
> > debian specific information in it.  I have a win95 system on the same network
> > and it does not seem to see the debian system.  Is there a file telling me who
> > extra steps need to be done to enable it?
>
> Read in /usr/doc/samba: DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz, BROWSING.txt.gz.
> M$ protocol is quite good :(

I will look into the docs tonight.  I am not sure what you mean by "M$ protocol os
quite good :("

> I run samba for two years and haven't too much problems.
> Are W95 in the same group?
> Set up samba serwer as wins server and point W95 to it.
> Maybe you have W95 with sercurity upgrade than read
> /usr/doc/samba/Win95.txt.
>
> Mirek

What I have done is:

1. Load the Samba using dselect and rebooted the computer.  I have looked in the
smb.conf file and the default values look reasonable to me.

2. Tried my windows 95 system and selected network neighborhood.

I am sure there is something else I am suppose to do.  I just don't know what.

Thanks,

Doug