Re: Getting Samba working on BO

On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 10:30:59AM -0700, Doug Thistlethwaite wrote:
(...)
> How do I get Samba working on my BO system.  I used dselect to download and
> install it.  I have looked through the files but I have not seen anything with
> debian specific information in it.  I have a win95 system on the same network
> and it does not seem to see the debian system.  Is there a file telling me who
> extra steps need to be done to enable it?

Read in /usr/doc/samba: DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz, BROWSING.txt.gz.
M$ protocol is quite good :(

I run samba for two years and haven't too much problems.
Are W95 in the same group?
Set up samba serwer as wins server and point W95 to it.
Maybe you have W95 with sercurity upgrade than read
/usr/doc/samba/Win95.txt.

Mirek