Mirror question

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a mirror of the i386 hamm distribution using the  dists/frozen/main directory at
ftp.debian.org site as the source.

It's mostly working except for one thing. The symbolic links  in the binary-i386 directories (and the
files they point to) are never downloaded/ updated. For each of those links I get a message from mirror
that it's not symlinking that file.

Right now I'm using mirror from the command line (no config file) like this:

cd /root/packages/dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/
mirror -uanonymous -gftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/

As I said, it works fine for all non-linked files.  I don't see any more command line options that will
help, so it looks like I need a config file.

I'm plowing through the mirror man page , but in the mean time I have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to get mirror to handle the links and download files into a local binary-all directory
when mirroring the binary-i386 directories - or do I need to do this in two steps

2)  Can anyone point me to some information that may help get this done, or at least to an example mirror
config file that does a similar operation to what I'm trying.

Thanks for any help,
Tom