cat & more in anon wu-ftpd

I have begun to set up anonymous ftp on one of my boxes. Actually it is set up
and working, but when I try to add commands other than 'ls' to /home/ftp/bin
all I get (issuing these commands) when logged in as anonymous is '?Invalid
command.'

The permissions are the same as for 'ls' and I've placed in /home/ftp/lib all
the libs indicated by 'ldd cat' and 'ldd more'. (The version of ls I have
isn't statically linked, so I _think_ I'm ok there: ls works just fine.)

Interestingly enough, these two commands _work_ if run from a chroot command,
per the wu-ftpd faq. Eg running on the server machine 'chroot /home/ftp
/home/ftp/bin/cat some.txt' will work for 'some.txt' located in /home/ftp/pub.

Bob Bernstein      bernie@brainiac.com       http://www.brainiac.com/bernie
at
Esmond, R.I.       ftp://rupturedduck.dyn.ml.org  (sometimes)