pppd

I wanted to setup pon so that any user can use it who is in a secific
group.  I set the group up and set permissions, but when I try to run
/usr/sbrin/pppd, I get this message:
/usr/sbin/pppd: must be root to run /usr/sbin/pppd, since it is not
setuid-root

I looked at the man page for setuid and seteuid and they warn about losing
root privledges.  Can anyone give me some help on using setuid?

| ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1997-98 |
| Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh (Careful it's not completed)   |
| "The past brings pain, the future depression,                           |
|  the present disappointment.  The only thing that remains is the moment.|
|  Live for the moment, and enjoy life.  You only have one chance. "      |