Re: Getting Squid to work

In article <[🔎] Pine.BSI.3.91.980718013404.7394A-100000@gator.naples.net>,
Keith Alen Vance <nfn11988@naples.net> wrote:
>I am trying to setup up Squid cache server. I have narrowed my erros down
>to one. If I type 'squid start' at the console I get the following message.
>
>IOT trap/Abort
>
>Here is part of my cache.log
>
>Squid Cache (Version 1.1.1): Terminated abnormally.

That's probably your problem - squid_1.1.1 is old and has known bugs.
Unfortunately, it has taken a loooonngg time for Debian 2.0 to get
released (next week finally!) and it contains a more recent squid.

You can find squid_1.1.17 for Debian-1.3 (libc5) on
ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/debian/libc5-compiled/

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.